Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rain Clouds


Why is it we can go from being in a great mood one day to waking up on the wrong side of the bed the next morning? I am in such a horrible mood. Maybe it has to do with the actual rain clouds outside, I am not sure. I feel like sitting in a corner and staring at the wall. I thought about going back to bed and 'waking up' again just to see if that made a difference. Maybe I should read my blog from yesterday to remind myself of all the good things in life. But it isn't that really. I have just woken up in a bad mood today and that is that. I even ate a piece of that yummy carrot cake to try and make myself feel better. No luck as of yet.

One thing I am looking forward to today is the start of the 2008-2009 Bach Choir season. Our first rehearsal is tonight and as the new Choir Manager, my duties will begin. I get to assemble music and take roll. I love being in charge :) I love the fact that no matter how icky the rest of my day may be, the moment I start to sing tonight everything will be fine. I love singing. It is at the center of my soul. There is always a song bubbling up from somewhere inside - except for maybe right now when I want to be in the corner. But given enough time, I am sure one would find its way into my head and I would have to start humming or singing despite my mood.

2 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Enjoy tonight!

photog said...

Hi, blueskies ... tell me more about the Bach Choir. I'm a good friend of Beth B (we sang in our college choir together) and I'm would like to join a choir soon.