We all have them - Work Woes. All of you I am sure have heard me complain about my job or at least the fact that I am not doing what I want to be doing. I love the company I work for. I love the people I work with. Sales, however, is not my ideal career. This weekend though, something Mike M said in his sermon hit me. We should be doing all things for the glory of God. And I think that includes loving the job you have or at least being grateful for it.There are so many people who don't have jobs at all. They can't get them for a multitude of reasons. Maybe they never finished high school. Maybe they are mentally disabled. Maybe they are addicted to drugs or alcohol. Or maybe they are just down on their luck. When I think about these people, I remind myself to shut up when I even think about complaining about my job. Am I doing something I love? No. But I am doing something that pays me well and allows me to have a roof over my head and food on my table. And a new pair of shoes every now and then.
Sometimes it is so easy to complain about my job. I have a neighbor who is having a hard time at her workplace and is looking to leave. It is so easy to talk negatively when I am with her. It is also easy to be negative when people ask me how my job is going. I don't blame the person asking, I blame myself. So from now on, when you ask me about my job, I am going to say. "Thank God I have a job." Please help me stay positive. If I start going off- remind me of the glory of God and how I should be living my life for that.
P.S. I am sorry about all of the prepositions ending sentences in the first paragraph. Yes, I am aware of my grammar rules, but sometimes rearranging a sentence to end correctly makes it sound so pretentious. For example: I love the people with which I work. It just doesn't flow as well. Sorry. I also started at least one sentence with the word "But". I know that is a no no too.


5 comments:
Good attitude! I've really enjoyed how practical Mike's lessons are.
love your perspective!
I think you can begin a sentence with "But,". Mike is a good instrument of God's voice. I'm glad you have a job too.
Word for the Wise says that prepositional rule is antiquated and no longer valid.
girl, you know this hits me where I live. I've been so thankful for mike's lessons lately, too - the practicality of the messages have really sparked a lot of self-examination & conviction. Yes, praises for being gainfully employed. I've been trying to remember - as I type from a booth in Dallas -that this work is a blessing to M & I, and dwelling on negatives makes me miss other opportunities (not to mention how that thinking makes these work days seem endless!). Thanks for the reminder.
And as for grammar... I figure that sometimes we have to let things slide for flow and expression. So... You're forgiven. ;)
Post a Comment