Friday, August 1, 2008

One of the Elite

Argh. I had typed out this big long post and Blogger only kept the first two sentences. I hope I can be as funny the second time around...

It is official. I am now an Elite dater. What does that mean (for those of you who are not in the dating world anymore)? It means that 70% or more of the men I met on Wednesday night wanted to go out with me again. I am honored, no I am humbled. Too bad I didn't want to go out with any of them again.

They were nice guys- don't get me wrong. No one was a jerk. Some were funny and one was even an avid Stephen King reader (which is a definite way to my heart), but most of them had been married, had kids already, and didn't want anymore. I want kids of my own so that was that. As an Elite member of Fast Life, I will receive special discounts and invites to special date nights. Don't you wish you were me?

By the way, all of you Houston readers, I am willing to be set up on dates. I like tall, funny, easy going guys. An introvert would work best for me. Someone willing to go to church would also be nice. Did I mention rich?

Oh, I am so funny.

Ok, now for the details since I know some of you are dying to know what happened on Wednesday night. As usual, I arrive 30 minutes early. I sit in my car and listen to a book. Of course I am then able to watch everyone arrive. 7:30pm rolls around, so I put my lipstick on, get out of the car, and head into the bar.

I expected a place that was busy and maybe we had a corner sectioned off for us, but no. We were the only people there. The bar didn't really open until 10pm. 10pm?!? I am in bed by then...

I find out most of the girls that go to these things go in groups. They are all sitting at a table and before I slink over to see if I can get a seat with them I decide to get a drink. Once I am at the bar, the guys start coming over and chatting with me. Many of them were surprised that I came to the event by myself, but those of you who know me aren't surprised.

After a few minutes, Elena addresses us and reads to us the rules, etc for the night. She actually reads it straight from a piece of paper. Inside I am kind of making fun of her. Sorry Elena. I decide to sit at Table #1 and off we go.

One by one guys came and sat at your table for 8 minutes of getting to know each other. I was very funny that night and even had myself laughing. After each session was finished, we were asked to write a Yes or No next to the guy's name. There was a half-time bit where people could mingle and get another drink if they wanted. People also stayed afterwards to have a drink. I handed my paper in and went home to watch the rest of Shear Genius and the repeat of the night's Project Runway. Someone's got to have their priorities straight.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on being an "Elite!" Glad you had fun.

Chelsie Sargent said...

I am glad we are friends:)!